Tuesday, October 4, 2022

My new favorite song #1

 By Henry Lipput

This post is the first in a series of new songs (for me) that tickle my ears.

Last Friday Peter Hall released “In Plain Sight” (Bandcamp), the first track of many he’ll be sending our way over the next six months perhaps to get us ready for a new album. If you’ve been reading this blog you know that Peter’s work is nothing new to me. His Light the Stars was my favorite album from last year and the 2020 EP There’s Something Wrong with Everyone was, for me, a wonderful introduction to his work.


So what’s so special about “In Plain Sight”? As far as I know Peter wrote the song, played all the instruments, and recorded the track in his own Daisyland Studio just as he’s done for everything else. But there’s something about the sound that keeps me going back for a listen. Peter has always had a special way with melody and, having pulled all of his influences together, he’s developed his own unique sound. For me, “In Plain Sight” seems to be just a bit different, a step ahead in the development of his craft.

Bottom line: I love the sound of this song. “In Plain Sight,” as far as I’m concerned, is pop of the highest quality,


No comments:

Post a Comment